"Charlston (South Carolina)" - St. Michael's Church
The oldest church edifice in the city of Charleston. The cornestone of the Episcopal Chuch was laid in 1752, and in 1761, the church was opened for services. The type of architecture is according to the tradition of Sir Christopher Wren. St. Michael's is one of the few city Churches in America that has retained the original design where the service is to be heard and all the workshippers to participate. The clock and bells were imported from England in 1764.
Uncirculated postcard, a Jean-Claude's courtesy!